The real Elon Musk

Off-topic discussions as well as topics that don't belong in any other category.

Moderator: phpBB Experts

Forum rules

Please note that this forum is for topics that do not pertain to phpBB. Anything that pertains to phpBB (including laws like GDPR) should go into phpBB Discussion.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

The real Elon Musk

Post by Dimetrodon »

A good video on Elon Musk and how much of a fraud he is. He even tried to screw with a rescuer who saved children who got trapped in a Tai cave.

Edit: And since he bought Twitter, which he almost certainly overpaid for by the way, he reduced the Twitter staff which is having a detrimental effect on the company. It is suffering from class action lawsuits and scrutiny from regulators as well.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added more information to my OP.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!

Re: The real Elon Musk

Post by Dimetrodon »

The "viability" of Musk's projects, explained by Thunderf00t. This is especially true when Musk wanted to install solar panels in a cold snowy area, where they will not be effective.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fred Rimbert
phpBB Expert
phpBB Expert
Github: https://github.com/ssl-origin
Verification: ✅ My name is...

Post by Fred Rimbert »

The boss of Tesla, SpaceX and now Twitter intends to save humanity by colonizing space or by solving major geopolitical crises. A vast design nourished by libertarian ideology, the philosophy of Silicon Valley and the idea that technology can overcome all our ills. Even if it means crushing all those who are worried about these projects...
Musk is no longer just the second fortune on the planet (he was briefly the first, before being overtaken by Frenchman Bernard Arnault), the visionary entrepreneur, the brutal manager with the manners of a provocative child who revolutionized in a the automobile and space industries spectacularly. By getting his hands on Twitter, he skews the rules of public debate and freedom of expression, the foundations of democratic life. He even takes himself for a new Kissinger by proposing peace plans between Russia and Ukraine, or appeasement between China and Taiwan.

Musk.jpeg
Musk.jpeg (15.01 KiB) Viewed 292 times
:skull: Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.13
[GitHub] - [Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!

Post by Dimetrodon »

The sad part is that control is presented as a way of protecting "free speech," even though it is quite clear that Musk was never a free speech absolutist. The stories of this man always show him being vindictive towards his critics, and he did ban a bunch of journalists from the platform a few months back for supposedly stalking him.

Not the biggest fan of CNN, but they did cover this: https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/17/business ... index.html
Also: https://slate.com/technology/2022/12/tw ... onjet.html

I'm surprised his poll voters (which are normally dominated by his fans) supported restoring the accounts. They're the first to scream "free speech" yet also be the first to go about banning their "leftist" critics.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

scooter

Post by scooter »

Interesting bit: the director of the film Glass Onion has revealed that he wasn't thinking specifically about Elon Musk in the creation of the character Miles Bron in the movie, but more of a general stereotype of a Silicon Valley "techbro". It was later that Musk's dealings with Twitter and so on brought him more in line with the character's personality...in other words, he created a type that Musk played in to. :clap:
SCOOTER
"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I preach to." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs