Changes to core files

Topics that have no current function but have been moved here as opposed to being deleted. Anyone can read topics here but the forum cannot be posted in.

Closed
Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

Changes to core files

Post by Dimetrodon »

Changes to viewonline.php to always require login even if the permissions are set to yes for guests and bots. This was done to allow the viewing of profiles and groups, without giving access to the full online list.

Changes to memberlist.php to block guests, newly registered users, and bots from viewing the main memberlist, even though they can access profiles and usergroups. This is to restrict access to the find user feature, as I do not allow guests or bots any access to any search system. This is because search systems can place heavy loads on my server if lots of people were to use it at the same time.

Removing online list from the bottom of forum view and topic view, by editing viewforum_body.html and viewtopic_body.html as it is a waste of resrouces to show the online list on the bottom of every page. The index is enough and registered users can use viewonline.php to know where users are congregating.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

Re: Changes to core files

Post by Dimetrodon »

Technically, I am creating phpBB 3.3.x MODs. I will ultimately move to coding full on extensions but I am not at that level yet.

Edit: Used Kailey's code to always show post edits: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... p=15079221
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Closed