Elon Musk Reinstates Trump

Off-topic discussions as well as topics that don't belong in any other category.

Moderator: phpBB Experts

Forum rules

Please note that this forum is for topics that do not pertain to phpBB. Anything that pertains to phpBB (including laws like GDPR) should go into phpBB Discussion.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

Elon Musk Reinstates Trump

Post by Dimetrodon »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/1 ... p-00069601
Musk’s Saturday announcement is an apparent change in course. In early November Musk had said that “Twitter will not allow anyone who was de-platformed for violating Twitter rules back on platform until we have a clear process for doing so, which will take at least a few more weeks.” He’d also talked about setting up a council of advisory groups to help make decisions about content moderation and user bans.

Instead of a council, Musk apparently opted for a Twitter poll.

Musk has objected to so-called “permabans,” calling Trump’s removal “morally bad” in the months before he bought the platform for $44 billion. The Tesla CEO had promised a more freewheeling approach to moderation on Twitter — calling himself a “free-speech absolutist” in the past — and Saturday’s reinstatement would seem to fulfill that commitment and continue a significant change in direction at the company.
We'll see if Trump decides to come back. A sad situation where someone attempts a coup, and the only "punishment" is that it fails, and not even a social media ban is upheld. While Trump has explicitly stated that he does not plan to come back to the platform, considering the fact that TruthSocial has a much smaller following, I'm sure it's only a matter of time he changes his mind.

I know the "be peaceful" Tweets are used as plausible deniability, it goes without saying that the January Sixth insurrection would not have happened if he didn't make false claims about the 2020 election being stolen.

scooter

Re: Elon Musk Reinstates Trump

Post by scooter »

You are likely in a different place than I am; my area is reliably liberal. I'm still a bit fascinated by those who are Trump loyalists. What is being said by them in your area? (Granted, I can also be rather stunned by things that "liberals" say...there seems to be a lot of trouble in general not bringing a sports fan mentality into the political world.)
SCOOTER
"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I preach to." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

Re: Elon Musk Reinstates Trump

Post by Dimetrodon »

scooter wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:50 pm What is being said by them in your area?
While most people in my small community are milquetoast democrats, outside the small area, I'm surrounded by Trump supporters. Inside the community I live in, the Trump supporters do whatever they can to be obnoxious, going so far as to fire guns on their property.

So I kind of see the extremism pretty much daily.