Well, I joined Zuckerberg's army of "dumb f*cks"

Off-topic discussions as well as topics that don't belong in any other category.

Moderator: phpBB Experts

Forum rules

Please note that this forum is for topics that do not pertain to phpBB. Anything that pertains to phpBB (including laws like GDPR) should go into phpBB Discussion.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!
Verification: ✅ Elon Musk Style

Well, I joined Zuckerberg's army of "dumb f*cks"

Post by Dimetrodon »

Yes, Zuckerberg literally called Facebook users "dumb fucks."

I had to join Facebook so to form professional connections in my chosen career. Can't say that I am happy about it, but I kind of had to join Facebook because everyone is on it.

While I am only going to post a limited amount of content on it, I hate the fact that I gave that disgusting creten any of my info.

GanstaZ
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Well, I joined Zuckerberg's army of "dumb f*cks"

Post by GanstaZ »

I joined FB (Meta) many years ago, but i don't share anything there.
At current moment i already consider to delete my account as i don't use it nor need it anymore.

Can't comment on that quote part, but a lot of users are addicted to FB & maybe some other social platforms as well.
Usus est magister optimus!
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!

Post by Dimetrodon »

https://www.gawker.com/5636765/facebook ... dumb-fucks

He called them dumb fucks for them willingly handing over their personal information to him and thinking he had good intentions.

Edit:

> Mark Zuckerberg admits in a New Yorker profile that he mocked early Facebook users for trusting him with their personal information. A youthful indiscretion, the Facebook founder says he's much more mature now, at the ripe age of 26.

> "They trust me — dumb fucks," says Zuckerberg in one of the instant messages, first published by former Valleywag Nicholas Carlson at Silicon Alley Insider, and now confirmed by Zuckerberg himself in Jose Antonio Vargas's New Yorker piece. Zuckerberg now tells Vargas, "I think I've grown and learned a lot" since those instant messages.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Mon May 08, 2023 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

GanstaZ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GanstaZ »

Well.. can't blame him much for those words.. even though it's not nice at all.
But let's be honest.. people do share everything without a second thought and at the same time they talk about privacy.

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!

Post by Dimetrodon »

It does kind of show malice on his part. Not to mention how much misinformation his network proudly hosts.

Yes, many people are stupid and share too many bits of information, but I have many different reasons why Zuckerberg is a terrible human being as well.

They also played with people's emotions: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28051930

They also made it as addictive as possible at the cost of everything else: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-a ... tive-says/

People need to smarten up, that is true. But I do consider Meta, Facebook, etc. to be malicious.

It's part of the reason why I think reliance in it is concerning.
Last edited by Dimetrodon on Mon May 08, 2023 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

GanstaZ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GanstaZ »

I agree.. and i never understood the hype around FB.
I better watch some youtube or twitch gaming stream or dev vids, than waste my time on reading all that spam on my FB wall.

About playing with emotions.. As i see it.. people themselves give that possibility to others.
To me.. FB is nothing special.. Just another common site that doesn't have much value (if any at all).

Dimetrodon
Not A Dinosaur!
Not A Dinosaur!

Post by Dimetrodon »

I'm sure the hype is due to laziness on people's part.

Site building takes time and effort, and people sadly want that offset to anyone else, regardless of the consequences.